Friday, September 6, 2013

Lots of classes going on...and painting.

About a month ago, I decided to spruce up my sewing room because I was going to begin teaching FROM MY HOME!  I painted the one wall a beautiful purple/blue color and rearranged the fabric shelves to have it all nearby.  Up to this point, I've been the 'traveling' sewing teacher.  I cannot be thankful enough to be able to host classes here now.  No more driving in 99° plus weather without a/c, no more carting everything I need in order to teach, and no more forgetting important things in my rushing to get out the door to be somewhere on time!
That was a month ago.  As of today, there are two classes coming here!  I couldn't be more excited.  The newest class that began three weeks ago is made up of three eight/nine yr. old girls, a mom and a brave young woman willing to move slowly.  But slow is anything but the word to describe them!  They are catching on extremely quick and I can't seem to keep up with them or their hunger to learn!
One little one went home with fabric I gave the girls and designed a purse~! 
Am I a proud teacher or what? 
You bet I am.
 
 
 
 *****************************************************************************

Just a heads up...

I'm still waiting to see if there will be enough students to start the next class: "Just for Teen girls"!Every other Wed. from 4-6 p.m., starting this coming Wednesday, Sept. 11th.  If you know a teen girl that wants to learn, why not sign her up and sponsor her!  Neither one of you will regret you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment